The perfect chicken wings for your next party or gathering— Okay, so these wings are not entirely healthy, but they are delicious and indeed, a source of protein. I tend to prepare these wings when we have small gatherings or a few guests over and everyone says they love them!
Serves: 40 wings (approx.)
Prep time: 1hr (excluding overnight marinating)
Cooking time: 50 mins
- 2kg chicken wings
- 8g all purpose seasoning
- 5g garlic granules
- 5g medium curry powder
- 425g tinned mango in light syrup
- 40g sriracha sauce
- 30ml dark soy sauce
- 50ml water
- Clean your chicken or don’t clean your chicken, it’s your preference! I like to soak my chicken in vinegar and water for about 20 mins. I then pat the chicken with paper towels to remove any excess water before seasoning.
- Chop your chicken wings in half so you have roughly 20 drumettes and 20 wingettes
- Blend your tin of mango with the syrup, until completely liquid, then add to a saucepan
- To your saucepan, add sriracha sauce, soy sauce and water, then cook for about 10-15 mins until the sauce darkens to a caramel colour
- Whist the sauce is cooking, season the chicken with all purpose seasoning, garlic granules and curry powder (be sure to mix the seasoning in well so that it coats all the chicken wings)
- Once your sweet & spicy mango sauce has cooled down, pour ⅕ of the sauce onto the chicken and coat the chicken well
- Place your seasoned chicken wings into a storage container in the fridge and marinate overnight
- When ready to cook, oven bake chicken on 200C/400F for 30 mins until fully cooked throughout
- Once the chicken is cooked, coat one side with spicy mango sauce and grill for about 10 mins, until crispy, you’ll then want to turn over the chicken to coat the other side and grill for another 10 mins
- Once the chicken is finished, feel free to add any remaining marinade to the chicken wings and serve!
To make these wings spicier, you can add some cayenne pepper, some chillies or a scotch bonnet if you can handle the heat! If you would like to make it sweeter, be sure to add some honey or brown sugar to your sauce.
If you try this recipe, let us know what you think over on Instagram!